On this page:
The Defence Export Controls Forms website is a service provided by the Department of Defence. The website contains the application forms required to comply with export legislation administered by the Defence. Information on the administration of export controls by Defence is at https://www.defence.gov.au/business-industry/export/controls.
Upon registration, you will be able to create and submit new applications, finalise and submit any saved applications, and view the details of any submitted applications within the last fourteen days.
To access the Defence Export Controls Forms website, you will need to:
- Create a new User Account on the website;
- Provide your User Account details each time you access the website, and;
- Ensure your User Account details (including your name and email address) are accurate and kept up to date.
You must not:
- Access, or try to access or link to, any other person’s User Account; or
- Allow any other person who is not authorised to access your User Account on your behalf.
- Keep your User Account details secure at all times and not share them with any other person; and
- Not allow any other person to use your User Account sign-in details. If you think that the security of your User Account sign-in (for example, your password) has been compromised you should notify us immediately.
For more information about how to keep your User Account secure, please access the Security page.
If you do not take reasonable precautions to keep your User Account sign-in details secure (see the "Your Responsibilities" section), and someone else uses your details to access your account, you will be responsible for everything they do with your access.
If you intentionally allow someone else to access your User Account, you are accountable for all activity undertaken.
You must not use the website:
- In a way that infringes anyone else’s rights or prevents them from using the website;
- In any way which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to anyone;
- To cause disruption to the Department of Defence;
- To post or transmit unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive, or scandalous material;
- To participate in any illegal or fraudulent activity; or
- To post or transmit materials that break or encourage breaking the law.
If you use the website to undertake any of the actions listed above, your User Account access may be locked, suspended or terminated. You may also be subject to civil or criminal penalties.
You must not use any software (for example, bots or scraper tools) or other automatic devices to access, monitor or copy the website or its contents unless given written permission to do so by the Department of Defence.
You need to provide complete and correct information when creating your User Account and any subsequent applications.
Providing false or misleading information in the website may result in prosecution.
The website will be unavailable at times for scheduled maintenance. Notification of planned outages will be posted on the main screen.
The Department of Defence is responsible for ensuring the security of:
- Ensuring the security of Information while it is being collected by, stored on or passing through the digital service; and
- Handling your personal information in accordance with privacy law.
The Department of Defence is not responsible for ensuring:
- Your data in the website is error free;
- That any defects in the website will be rectified; or
- That you will have continuous access to the website.
The Department of Defence is not responsible for any loss that could arise as a result of your use of, or inability to access or use, the website.
You can read about how the security of the information you submit is managed on the Security page.
The Defence Export Controls Forms website allows you to update your contact details.
The Department of Defence may lock, suspend or terminate your access to the website at any time.